1. Slide down the ArcelorMittel Orbit. (Opening in Spring.)
2. Feel like I must be in Amaryllis Night and Day, and see a life-size paper lantern London bus at the Magical Lantern Festival. (3rd February – 6th March.)
3. See neon dogs, illuminated benches, elephants and other light installations at Lumiere London. (14th – 17th January.)
4. See a digital typography waterfall and other light installations at the Winter Lights Festival at Canary Wharf. (11th – 22nd January.)
5. Visit the Museum of Happiness and play in a ballpit. (16th – 18th January.)
6. Go on a tour of public toilets in London. (Loo Tours
7. Look at interesting fungi on a fungi foray.
8. Listen to bats on a bat walk.
9. Visit Ernö Goldfinger's modernist home - 2 Willow Road.
10. Visit the Museum of Brands and Packaging.
11. Visit Crossness Pumping Station.
12. Visit Markfield Beam Engine and Museum.
13. Look down through the glass floor at Tower Bridge.
14. Travel by amphibious vehicle. (Duck Tour.)
15. Climb a tree. (Alexandra Palace?)
16. Explore the foreshore.
17. Visit Severndroog Castle.
18. Swim in Hampstead ponds.
19. Get lost in a maze at Hampton Court Palace
20. Visit God's Own Junkyard and bask in the neon light
21. Jump into the air, at the Acton trampoline park.
22. Make Lego robots. (Drink, Shop, Do).
23. Hide inside a bunker in Uxbridge.
24. Visit some of the Great Trees of London. (I think I have 1 Central, 9 East, 4 North, 9 South left to see.)
25. Explore the hidden tropical oasis at the Barbican.
26. Walk down the other contender for narrowest street, Emerald Court.
27. Find the Seven Noses of Soho and be wealthy for evermore.
28. See a sculpture made of 22 shopping trolleys in the shape of a double helix.
29. Drink cocktails in the Heron tower and stare out over London.
30. Eat a Bánh mì.
31. Climb through a fridge to get to the bar. (Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town).
32. Play a game in one of the video game bars and drink game themed cocktails. (Loading bar
in Dalston or Stratford or the Four Quarters Bar
33. Eat food in the dark. (Dans le noir
34. Order sushi from a projected menu on a table. (Inamo
35. Try out more vegetarian restaurants in London.
36. Drink surrealist cocktails at the Artesian.
37. See microchips lined with human cells and other designs of the year at the Design Museum (25th March 2015 - 31st March 2016)
38. See the impact of computer and networked technologies on artists, at the Electronic Superhighway: From Experiments in Art and Technology to Art After the Internet, at the Whitechapel Gallery (29th January - 15th May)
39. Ride on the inclinator at Greenford.
40. Get lost in a maze at Crystal Palace.
Things I already have planned/booked:
1. Attempt to escape from the Oubliette Escape Room.
2. Monochrome BBS meet.
3. Attend a Gingerline immersive dining experience - the Chamber of Flavours
4. Have fun in Croydon at Croydon Fun Weekend
5. Visit a disused part of Charing Cross Station, in March.
1. Look for seals on a boat trip from Sandwich
2. Hide in the bunker in Gravesend
3. Take the Tilbury ferry to Tilbury fort from Gravesend
4. Take a boat trip to the Maunsell sea forts
5. Walk through the wartime tunnels underneath the White Cliffs of Dover.
1. Visit the Brighton sewers
1. Visit the computer game museum
1. Visit the Devil's Arse and explore the caves, and go on a boat ride 450m under Castleton to the Bottomless Pit.
2. Climb to the top of Snowdon, or perhaps just get the train up.
3. Visit Guernsey
4. Look for Nessie at Loch Ness
5. Visit the Highlands
6. Take a train to the highest mainline railway station in England, Dent.
7. Take a train to the highest mainline railway station in the UK, Courrour.
8. Look at old computers in the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge.
9. Visit Orkney.
Also hoping to go to:
1. EMFCamp in Guildford, in August.
2. Nine Worlds, in August.
Would you like to do any of these too?
Is there anything else you would recommend I do in in 2016?