Things I might like to do:
1. Slide down the ArcelorMittel Orbit.
2. Go on a tour of public toilets in London. (Loo Tours).
3. Look at interesting fungi on a fungi foray.
4. Listen to bats on a bat walk.
5. Visit Ernö Goldfinger's modernist home - 2 Willow Road.
6. Visit the Museum of Brands and Packaging.
7. Visit Markfield Beam Engine and Museum.
8. Travel by amphibious vehicle. (Duck Tour.)
9. Climb a big tree. (Alexandra Palace?)
10. Go mudlarking. (Deptford Creek?)
11. Visit Severndroog Castle.
12. Swim in Hampstead ponds.
13. Get lost in a maze at Hampton Court Palace
14. Jump into the air, at the Acton trampoline park.
15. Make Lego robots. (Drink, Shop, Do).
16. Hide inside a bunker in Uxbridge.
17. Visit some of the Great Trees of London. (I think I have 1 Central, 9 East, 4 North, 6 South left to see.)
18. Find the Seven Noses of Soho and be wealthy for evermore.
19. Drink cocktails in the Heron tower and stare out over London.
20. Climb through a fridge to get to the bar. (Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town).
21. Eat food in the dark. (Dans le noir).
22. Get lost in a maze at Crystal Palace.
23. Drink a freakshake.
24. Eat fancy crisps at a restaurant. (HipChips).
25. Eat vegan fried chicken at Temple of Seitan.
26. Go paddleboarding. (Hampton Wick?)
27. Make concrete jewellry at the Museum of London. (16th February.)
28. Go scuba diving.
29. Drink rock-salted cheese tea at Happy Lemon.
30. Visit the Charterhouse.
1. Stare at robots at the Robots exhibition at the Science Museum (8 February to 3 September)
2. Jump on a bouncy castle at the Pumphouse Gallery.
3. Stare at maps at the Maps and the 20th Century exhibition at the British Library. (Until 1st March.)
4. See the Terrains of the Body exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery. (Until April 16th.)
5. See the Peter Liversidge exhibition at Kate Macgarry. (Until February 18th.)
6. See vending art at the Vending Machine Art Gallery Show at Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen. (Until March 26th.)
7. See Sussex Modernism - Retreat and Rebellion exhibition at Two Temple Place. (Until 23rd April.)
8. Stare at performative artworks and holographic AV installations at Kinetica. (Feb 17 - 19th.)
I already have tickets for:
1. Futuro House.
2. Nine Worlds.
3. Highgate Station Hidden London tour.
1. Look for seals on a boat trip from Sandwich.
2. Hide in the bunker in Gravesend.
3. Take the Tilbury ferry to Tilbury fort from Gravesend.
4. Take a boat trip to the Maunsell sea forts.
5. Walk through the wartime tunnels underneath the White Cliffs of Dover.
1. Visit the Devil's Arse and explore the caves, and go on a boat ride 450m under Castleton to the Bottomless Pit.
2. Climb to the top of Snowdon, or perhaps just get the train up.
3. Look for Nessie at Loch Ness.
4. Visit the Highlands.
5. Take a train to the highest mainline railway station in England, Dent.
6. Take a train to the highest mainline railway station in the UK, Courrour.
7. Visit Orkney.
1. Scuba dive or snorkel amongst shipwrecks.
2. Take photographs underwater.
3. See icebergs.
4. Snowshoe in Transylvania.
5. Walk around the Amazon jungle.
6. Take a trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
7. Visit Mongolia, Venice, Barcelona, Finland, Greenland, Easter Island, Myanmar, Bolivian salt flats, Norway fjords in summer, Cappadocia, Pripyat, Machu Picchu, Antarctica.
8. Go sailing.
Already booked to go to:
FOSDEM in Brussels.
Updated things to do list
January 29th, 22:47