Log in

No account? Create an account


Skyberries and Voidmelons or Voidberries and Skymelons

Previous Entry Share Next Entry

What I did in January 2017

I gazed at the longest Lego bridge in the world, and then in the virtual reality, passed the ticket gates at Victoria Station, made my way down an escalator, waited on the platform and then got on a tube train. There were no people or seats on it and when it started to move, I didn't move with it, and just floated there, above the tracks. This was at the Institute of Civil Engineers, which I visited with grandedgemaster.

I did some of the actions to Dingle Dangle Scarecrow and attempted to recite nursery rhymes for Monika and met Emilia for the first time. We took a walk around Kingston, through the town and next to the river, and ate crepes.

I stared at bin bags and cigarette butts made of bronze, but that looked real, at the Newport Street Gallery, at the Gavin Turk exhibition. I also ate brambleberry crumble in the Pharmacy cafe, which had pill shaped stools and wallpaper with pictures of drugs, and I drank coffee with my mum.

I had leaving drinks with colleagues and at the end of the night, we ended up dancing on the stage at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern.

I walked around a bed that had wings, but was weighted down by a large rock on it, and I peered at paintings of towers made of containers, set amongst apocalyptic landscapes. I looked up at staircases with clothes hanging off, and piles of bicycles and cluttered rooms, and it all quite foreboding, at Anselm Kiefer's Walhalla exhibition at the White Cube.

I took a ride on the Greenford Inclinator and that was definitely more exciting than taking the stairs.

I ate an "Everyday Luxury" KitKat - a KitKat from Japan, topped with cranberries and almonds.

I played on the swing at St Pancras. (Again.)

I cried a bit while watching Manchester by the Sea with doseybat, but was cheered up by dessert soup. Coconut sago soup with red bean dumplings, yum!

I jumped aboard a boat at Westminster and the sun was setting then and everything looked pink and beautiful. I arrived in Canary Wharf and wandered around the Winter Lights festival. I stared at patterns projected onto a sheet of water, and glowing words, "You've gone touching leaves in the moonlight." I wanted to touch leaves in the moonlight right then.

I saw Sumiko Okubo's A poem of the harvest exhibition at the Riverside Gallery. I looked at photos of the Feminist avant-garde of the 1970s at the Photographer's Gallery. I saw a survey of sculptures and drawings, 1959 - 2006, by Ken Price at Hauser & Wirth. I saw a trippy video at the Tate Britain, in Rachael McClean's Wot U Looking at? I walked through

In the Caroll/Fletcher Gallery, I looked at screenshots from a website where US citizens could sell their votes to the highest bidder, which was part of Looking at one thing and thinking of something else: Part 4.

"Hey babe, take a walk on the wild sign," the neon lights said at the Lights of Soho, in an exhibition displaying work from God's Own Junkyard by Chris Bracey.

I walked from Great Missenden to Amersham, via Penn Wood, with jacquic, sbp, and friends. I stared up at a pylon, saw a gorilla advertising a pub called "The Red Lion", walked through kissing gates and thought about BS5709, walked across frozen mud and saw pretty frosted leaves, and walked through squelchy mud.

I saw Paterson at the cinema with doseybat and felt like I should write more on LiveJournal. I used to write a lot, but these days, I barely write anything, and I miss it.

I walked through a white floaty passageway that had faces on it, and watched a video highlighting mental illness at the Lose your mind exhibition at the Stables Gallery by Oi Nuen Sprunt and Sarah Hacking-Brian. It made me feel a bit sad and I wrote on a piece of paper and hung it in the gallery, "everything will be okay." Someone else had written that it made them think of Halloween. Outside the gallery, there were a band of pirates, running and screaming.

I walked past the billboards at Piccadilly Circus when they were turned off and black, advertising nothing.

I cross-stitched an Inky PacMan ghost and glued it onto a pendant so that I can wear it as a necklace.


I reached level 14 in Ingress and it was then that the seagulls filled the sky.

I wandered around Borough Market and did the cheese banner with grandedgemaster. Just before we started, we saw a phonebox with a plant growing in it.

I walked around Wembley, which was not an area I knew very well, completing the Warrior of Wembley banner. I also went to see one of the great trees of London - the Wembley Elm.

I went to Manchester Square for a roll, one cold and wet night, and we had drinks in the Barley Mow and the Beehive.
I also attempted to attend Pub Standards that night, but couldn't see anyone.

grandedgemaster and I walked from Hammersmith to Brentford on a Hidden London Walk. The walk took us around Chiswick House gardens, and we looked at the lanterns for the lantern festival that were being constructed, and it was interesting to look at them in the daylight and get more of an idea of how they were made.

I stared at reflections in the canals, as I walked beside them, from Paddington Basin to Little Venice to Regent's Canal to Primrose Hill to Camden to Granary Square to Angel to Kingsland Basin to Broadway Market to Victoria Park to Hackney Wick to Mile End to Limehouse. Water Lovely Walk. I walked it in sections, gazing into the water and past the boats. I tried to take a shortcut, but fell in some mud smashed my phone and grazed my fingers. Near to Paddington, by the canal, I looked at photographs of swirls of light, long exposure light paintings - Seeing the light by Andrew Whyte. I saw a piece of old London Bridge in Victoria Park. I saw gasholders, street art, swans, and ice where the canal was frozen in places.

I attended the Seven Deadly Sins Late at the Natural History Museum, and then the Out For Revolution Late at the V&A. I looked at fake Russian stamps with manhole covers on at the V&A.

I made a Chaos glyph out of Sugru, painted it silver and hung it on a necklace, which I wore one night.


Photos on Flickr: January 2017.